Welcome to our Xbox One CEX report. We’ll cover all the essential information for any potential buyers including the availability of games and accessories.
We’ll look at the following accessories:
- Xbox One power supply
- Xbox One headset
- Xbox One play and charge kit
- Xbox One wireless controller
- Xbox One controller charger
We’ll also report on Xbox One controller repair and look at the differences, if any, between the Xbox One controller and Xbox One X controller.
What Is an Xbox One Console?
It seems like an odd question to answer in 2020, but there are still people who don’t know what an Xbox One console is.
The Xbox One is a video game console developed by Microsoft. It is the third release in the Xbox series of consoles and followed the extremely popular Xbox 360. They officially announced the Xbox One in May of 2013, and it was the first Xbox console released in the Shanghai Free-Trade Zone in China.
The name comes from Microsoft, marketing it as an ‘all-in-one’ entertainment system.
Microsoft usually sells the console in various bundles, and these bundles typically consist of the console, one Xbox controller, a game or two, and various Xbox One accessories. They usually design the packages for specific types of gamers. For instance, players who enjoy Xbox One strategy games might expect accessories like an Xbox One headset in their bundle.
Popular Games Played on Xbox One
Here’s a list of some of the most popular games that are available on the Xbox One console.
- Apex Legends – In this battle-royale shooter, squads of three players go up against nineteen other teams (57 players) to try and be the last squad or player alive, all while trying to get the most loot.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – If you know anything about modern gaming, you’ll know about Assassin’s Creed. Odyssey is the most recent iteration in the series. This version takes place in ancient Greece.
- Battlefield 1 – This game has reinvigorated the once-popular Battlefield franchise. The game takes place during WWI, and the single-player campaign is a welcome surprise in the multiplayer era.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) – Call of Duty is arguably one of the most successful gaming franchises ever. The latest version of Modern Warfare takes the game back to its roots. It focuses on what real modern military tactics might look like.
- Control – This action-adventure game from Remedy has taken on a difficult genre, and they’ve done it successfully. It deals with paranormal events but does so without being cheesy.
- FIFA 20 – No list of popular Xbox One games would be complete without this masterpiece by EA. It seems the designers have genuinely listened to fans while developing this football simulator.
This list is in no way comprehensive; it is merely a representation of some of the most popular titles available on Xbox One.
Xbox One Controllers
Microsoft isn’t the only company that makes controllers for the Xbox One. Several manufacturers have released alternatives to the standard wireless controller, so we’ve compiled a list of some of the most popular Xbox One Controllers
Before we dive in, we want to mention the Xbox One Wireless Adapter, which allows you to experience the excellent accuracy and comfort of your wireless controller on laptops, desktop computers, and tablets.
Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Controller
Without a doubt, the most popular controller is Microsoft’s own. They have redesigned the Xbox 360 version of the controller, and users have responded positively. It’s the same version as the Xbox One X controller.
- Designed by Microsoft
- Optimal compatibility
- Great wireless range
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Compatible with Windows 10
- High cost
- No native compatibility with Mac computers
- Limited button mapping availability
Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller
This is Microsoft’s take on a ‘professional’ wireless controller.
- Great design
- Almost infinite mapping options
- Interchangeable paddles for additional options
- Hair-trigger locking with a switch
- Interchangeable thumbsticks & directional pads
- USB-C charging
- Very high cost
- Built-in battery
Razer Wolverine Ultimate
Razer is a well-known name when it comes to gaming accessories. The Wolverine Ultimate is a controller that serious and professional gamers will enjoy.
- Six additional, customizable buttons
- Interchangeable thumbsticks and directional pads
- Native PC compatibility
- No wireless support
- High cost
If you like the dimensions of Microsoft’s standard Xbox One S controller, you’ll love the SCUF Infinity1. The Infinity1 has an endless list of visual customizations that users can buy, but these can get very expensive.
- Almost everything is customizable
- Interchangeable thumbsticks and directional pads
- Nice matte finish
- Accessories can become expensive.
- No protective case included as standard.
- Not the best design
Popular Xbox One Accessories
Choosing the right accessories can enhance a player’s experience. Here’s a list of some of the most popular Xbox One accessories.
Microsoft Xbox One Play and Charge Kit
This is probably the first item you should consider when looking at accessories. The Microsoft Xbox One Play and Charge Kit includes an additional cable for charging as well as an extra battery for your wireless controller. A fully charged battery should give you around 30 hours of playing time. If completely drained, the battery should take about 4 hours to charge completely.
Steelseries Arctis 9x Wireless Gaming Headset
Great audio is crucial for a truly immersive gaming experience. The Arctis 9X is a great Xbox one headset.
Xbox One Console & Controller Power Supply
The Xbox One console has what’s referred to as a power brick or an external power supply. It has positive and negative features; for instance, it’s cheaper to replace than internal power supplies, but it takes up extra space.
The Xbox One controller uses 2 AA batteries as standard. The console ships with a cable that allows you to recharge your controller without needing to quit the game.
Getting the Xbox One Play and Charge Kit eliminates the need to keep replacing batteries as it includes a rechargeable battery and charging cable. Furthermore, getting an Xbox One controller repaired can be very difficult. Microsoft only does repairs while the controller is under warranty.